I have a street light out, who do I contact?
If there is a street light problem in an area other than on Main St or on Madison Ave, residents should contact We energies at 1-800-242-9137 or online at: http://we-energies.com/outages_safety/reporting/index.htm then click on Streetlight or area light not working.

When calling to report a problem with a street light, We energies would appreciate it if you would either have a pole number from the tag on the pole, or a street address where the pole is located.  They may also ask for the nearest cross street to the pole location.
When is the Compost Site open?
The Compost Site opens the FIRST SATURDAY in APRIL.  The last day the Composit Site is open is the FIRST SATURDAY in DECEMBER.  If a holiday falls on either a Wednesday or a Saturday the Composit Site will be closed that day.

The hours are: Monday thru Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Wednesdays 3 p.m.to sunset and Saturdays 9 a.m.-3 p.m.

Compost, grass, leaves, etc. will NO longer be accepted at the Department of Public Works while the compost site is open for the season. 

The compost site has security cameras in place.
What items are accepted at the Compost Site?
Branches, bushes, grass clippings, leaves, etc. 

Yard waste and brush are no longer accepted at the Department of Public Works at any time.  

The electronic waste trailer will be open on Wednesdays from 3 p.m. to sunset and on Satudays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. During the months of December through April, small appliances and electronics may be dropped off at the Department of Public Works (700 James Place) on Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Items accepted at the electronic waste area are televisions, computer monitors, desktop computers, laptop computers, printers, computer peripherals, DVD players, digital video recorders, VCRs, fax machines and cell phones. A $25 fee applies to tube TVs and monitors.

Household appliances such as refrigerators, washers, dryers, dishwashers, toasters, microwaves, vacuum cleaners, blenders, toaster ovens, air conditioners, and any other small household appliances may also be taken to compost site. Larger appliances will need to go on the cement slab next to the electronic waste trailer. Same hours apply.
When are the boat piers put in?
The boat piers are typically put in at the end of April to the beginning of May.  This is contingent on the water levels.  If you have any questions feel free to call the City Garage at 920.563.7771
What do I need to do to rent a shelter at a park?
Park shelters in the City of Fort Atkinson can now be reserved online! Visit fortparksandrec.activityreg.com to save your date.

You can also give Parks and Recreation a call at (920) 397-9910 or stop in their office Monday - Fridays 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
Does Fort Atkinson have a dump site?
The City of Fort Atkinson does not have a dump site.  There is a dump site located at Deer Track Park Landfill, N6756 Waldman Ln, Johnson Creek WI.  Their phone number is 920.699.3475.
I am having a Sewer Back up!  Who do I call?
If you are having a sewer back up in your house, you need to call the Department of Public Works at 920-397-9909.  If they are closed, you will need to call the non-emergency phone number for the Police Department.  That number is 920-397-9905.  They will get in contact with the on call employees.  They will come out to your house and check the city's main.  They will let you know what they find out.

Unfortunately a lot of the time it is the homeowners responsibility.  You may want to get a Plumber over to your house.
How do I get in contact with the Chamber of Commerce?
Their phone number is 920.563.3210.  Their website is: http://fortchamber.com/
What day is my garbage picked up?
To find out what day your garbage is picked up click here.
The recycling is done on a bi-weekly basis.  Bulk pick up is done once a month - the third FULL week of each month.  
How can I pay my water bill?
There are several ways to pay your water bill. 
1. You can drop it off at the office Monday-Friday 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m.
2. You can drop it in our drop box, that is located on N Water Street between the Municipal Gym and the Municipal Offices.
3. You can pay online: https://www.xpressbillpay.com/#/?org=fortatkinson10787
4. You can sign up for Auto Pay by coming in the office and filling out the Auto Pay form and attaching a voided check.
When is the DMV open?
The DMV is normally available the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month. Visit the DOT website for additional information.
When does the City Council meet?
The Council meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month. The meetings are open to the public. There is a time for Public Comment, please register prior to entering the council chambers. Click here to read more about our Council.
How do I schedule curbside brush collection?