The City of Fort Atkinson will provide several events in April and May as part of a City Council Orientation, meant to familiarize new and existing City Council members with the departments, facilities, and services of the local municipal government. These sessions are for informational purposes only. A quorum of the Fort Atkinson City Council may be present at any or all of the following events, but no official action will be taken.
- Tuesday, April 19, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. on the second floor of the Municipal Building, 101 N. Main Street, Fort Atkinson, WI 53538 – Council Orientation #1
- Friday, April 22, 2022 – 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at various locations – Facility Tours
- 8 a.m. Fort Atkinson Municipal Building, 101 N. Main St.
- 9 a.m. Fire Department, 128 Milwaukee Ave. W.
- 9:30 a.m. Police Department, 101 S. Water St. W.
- 10 a.m. Library, 209 Merchants Ave.
- 10:30 a.m. Museum tour followed by lunch, 401 Whitewater Ave.
- 12 p.m. Department of Public Works, 700 James Pl.
- 12:40 p.m. Compost Site, Bark River Dr.
- 1 p.m. Wastewater Treatment Plant, 1600 Farmco Ln.
- 1:40 p.m. Parks and Aquatic Center, 1200 Lillian St.
- 2:20 p.m. Water Dept. Wells and Towers, Airport
- 3:30 p.m.-Senior Center, 307 Robert St.
- Tuesday, May 3, 2022 at 5:30 p.m. on the second floor of the Municipal Building, 101 N. Main St. – Council Orientation #2
- Tuesday, May 17, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. on the second floor of the Municipal Building, 101 N. Main St. – Council Orientation #3